What To Bring to Treatment at Arizona Recovery
08/10/20: Addiction \ Addiction Recovery
At Arizona Addiction We Have Your Privacy, Safety, and Well Being in Mind.The following is a list of items we recommend you bring to Residential Treatment at Arizona Recovery, in order to make your stay more enjoyable. This is a suggested list, and not all prohibited or suggested items are listed. Please discuss items of concern with an Intake Coordinator prior to arriving!
Your Packing List for RehabWhen entering into a rehab program, you will need to bring everyday essentials, such as clothing and toiletries but they have to all be alcohol free. Each treatment facility has specific rules as to what kinds of extra things are allowed. Make sure you speak with your Intake Coordinator regarding whats allowed and what's prohibited. Most rehab facilities have some sort of dress code that residents must adhere to while in treatment, and individuals should check on this before packing their clothes. Layering is also usually a good idea to account for weather variations and potential temperature changes inside and outdoors.
What to Bring To Rehab:
- Comfortable clothes for Approximately 30 days. Storage space is limited so please do not bring an excessive amount of clothing. Washer and dryer available whenever you need.
- Clothing should be casual and comfortable but must meet dress code policy. No revealing clothing (i.e.) short skirts, short shorts, low cut shirts, spaghetti straps, all shirts must cover the shoulders.
- Fitness/workout clothes.
- Tennis shoes, sandles and other comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Females can bring 1 one-piece swimsuit when seasonally appropriate.
- Jackets and/or sweaters for cold weather and our air-conditioned group room if you tend to get cold.
- Hats and sunglasses are allowed only to be worn outside.
- Personal toiletry items, including toothbrush, toothpaste. shavers, brushes, hair products, skincare items, sunscreen, hairspray, gel, etc. (all toiletry items MUST be alcohol-free).
- Appropriate reading material (novels are allowed although recovery-related books are recommended).
- Stationery and Stamps if you want to write letters to family members and friends while in treatment.
- Notepads and writing instruments.
- If you smoke and are planning on bringing cigarettes, they must be in a sealed, new box.
- Phone numbers and addresses of any family or friends that you would like to be involved in your treatment.
- Driver’s license, passport, or state-issued photo ID.
- Insurance Card (medical).
- Vehicle registration and insurance if keeping a vehicle on-premises.
- A favorite blanket or personal item from home (of little to no monetary value).
What Not to Bring:
- No drugs or drug paraphernalia are allowed on any of our properties.
- CBD Products regardless of the presence of THC or not.
- Any medications not pre-approved by Scottsdale Recovery or medications without a prescription.*
- OTC (over the counter) medications unless pre-approved.*
- Knives, guns, martial arts equipment, or weapons of any kind are strictly forbidden on any of the Scottsdale Recovery properties.
- Expensive jewelry.
- Cameras or video recording equipment.
What Is Provided?
- Bedding – sheets, blankets, and pillows.
- All food and drinks.
- Laundry facilities – detergent, fabric softener, and dryer sheets.
- Dishware – items necessary for preparing and consuming food.
- Cleaning supplies
- Basic household items such as paper towels, toilet paper, and dish soap.
- Towels for bathing and pool
- A passion for helping you get sober, for l
Being Prepared for Rehab at Arizona AddictionAs reported by Key Substance Use and Mental Health Indicators in the United States: Results from the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), just over 25 million American adults struggled with addiction in 2019. Addiction is a very treatable disease that is optimally managed through a specialized addiction treatment program. There are a variety of treatment modalities and methods we will be utilizing during your stay with us. Each rehab facility will have their own standards and rules, but in general, there are certain items that a person should and should not bring with them to drug rehab. Some items will provide unnecessary distractions while one should be focusing on healing, while other items may be potentially hazardous and dangerous. Treatment facilities in general have very strict rules and policies as to what one can bring into rehab and what they can’t. Typically, during your admission, staff members will catalogue a person’s belongings to ensure that everything remains accounted for during their stay with us, and also to be sure that there are no prohibited items trying to be brought inside the facility. Per Organic SEO Ninja A good rehab is key to ensure long term sobriety but make sure you choose a licensed and accredited rehab
Important Points:Medications: Prior to entering rehab, please advise the Admissions Staff of all current prescription and non-prescription medications you are being prescribed and/or taking without a prescription. Clients must be honest because these drugs will also show on the Urine Analysis test we will be giving you. Please include the name, dosage and frequency of each medication, as well as the name of your prescribing physician. All prescriptions must be current, your name must be on the prescription label, and there should be no more than the prescribed amount of pills in the bottle. Please bring at least one week of prescription medications with you. A nurse at Arizona Addiction will review all medications with you after your admission. If you have a prescription card through your insurance company, please bring it with you. Prescriptions are filled at the local pharmacy and kept in our secured and locked medication room. Over-the-Counter (OTC) Medications: New, unopened OTC medications, vitamins and supplements are allowed as long as approved by our Medical Staff. Nighttime medications are prohibited. Medications with pseudoephedrine ingredients and weight control supplements are prohibited.
As the foregoing items on these lists reflect, it is our goal to keep you safe while at the same time very comfortable. Most rehab programs are very careful to ensure their guidelines do not unknowingly permit a person to bring in drug-use triggers, or things that could somehow cause conflict with other clients. Yet, the risk of any triggers being acted on is greatly reduced because of the high level of care and attention clients receive during your rehab stay with us at Arizona Addiction.Rehab centers have strict guidelines, but we also have recovery environments that will adapt, as necessary, to the needs of all our clients, as long as we're supportive of everyone’s recovery. It's important to keep in mind that Arizona Addiction goes to great lengths to optimize the environment for effective substance abuse recovery.
Content for Arizona Addiction Recovery Centers created by Cohn Media, LLC. Passionate and creative writing and broadcasting, covering the following industries: addiction rehab, health care, entertainment, technology and advocate of clear communication, positivity and humanity at its best. www.cohn.media
If you or someone you know needs help with addiction, contact 602-737-1619 or email [email protected] to get the help you need. Our acclaimed recovery environment merges upscale, luxury accommodations with affordability, clinical expertise and an unwavering commitment to patient care and aftercare.